Sunday, June 26, 2011

Air Travel

So I am going to Alaska in a couple of weeks for some work training.  They are sending my husband with me to assist, which is super nice and so greatly appreciated!  However, I have not been on a plane since I was two.  I am so paranoid that they are going to damage or lose my wheelchair!

We always hear stories about people losing their luggage.  We had one friend who went to San Diego for a week and didn't get his suitcase until it was time to go home.  What if the airlines lose my chair?!  What will I do? 

Also, I understand that they have an aisle sized chair to get on and off the plane.  What if I need to use the restroom while I'm there?  Will my husband have to pick me up and take me?  The restrooms are tiny on a plane....  Do they have handicapped restrooms and does that aisle chair come with the plane just in case?

These are all the questions running through my mind.  If anyone has answers, let me know!  I will update after the trip:)